Friday, April 20, 2012

Lancome's Rouge in Love: 159B Rouge in Love

The year's greatest lipstick launch to-date would undoubtedly have to be Lancome's Rouge in Love. Launched last month, the lip colour boasts 6 hours of perfect wear with high-intensity colour with a feather-light feel.

The ad campaign is fronted by one of my favourite girls Emma Watson who's now all grown up from her Hermione Granger & Harry Potter days.

The signature shade of the new collection is shade 159B Rouge in Love which is what Emma wears in the advertising campaign. And let me tell you I am indeed in love with this rouge the moment it touched my lips.
159B Rouge in Love is a bright ruby shade on my lips and although it is not as deep on my lips as it appears for Emma, it is fresh, vibrant and equally sexy and appealing.

The first thing I noticed is that it feels like a balm and even has the shine of a one but the pigmentation is intense and the lightest signature lancome scent of the rose.
I used a brush to apply in the below pictures but it only takes a few swipes and my lips were bursting with colour.
From a wearability perspective, it has a medium and easily buildable to opaque coverage. And because it feels so moisturising, I forget that I'm wearing lipstick when I have this on - it certainly is very suitable for the dry weather or even the office environment where air conditioning and heating is cranked up high all the time.

Because of its hydrating nature and shine factor, it also does a great job of smoothing lip wrinkles and lines and gives the illusion of luscious full lips. 

The colour stays on for hours as well before drinking and food obviously wears it down quicker than normal. I did not test for the full six hours as I cannot go a few hours without snacking on some food or drinking from a glass.



If you are looking at swatches of other shades, be sure to head over to Ponikuta's blog where she has swatched 159B Rouge In Love, 377N Midnight Rose, 322M Corail In Love

I'm head over heels with Rouge in Love and know that I'd be collecting a few more shades in the range in the coming months.

Have you tried Rouge in Love yet? What type of lipsticks do you like?

Lancome Rouge in Love is available in 21 shades. RRP A$45 for 4.2ml at Lancome counters in Myer, David Jones and selected pharmacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.